The 2016 Volcano Rain Forest Runs are in the book!
Thank you to all the participants, volunteers, spectators and staff for making it a fun day.
Race day photos can be found on our Facebook race page.
Race results from JTL Timing are available Here.
Check back soon for details and registration to next year’s event to be held on August 19, 2017.
Volcano Rain Forest Runs
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park’s Centennial
Hope to see all of you on August 20, 2016.
New! – Zero Mile
Open to all! Runners and non-runners.
Join us for the running event you have always wanted to do but didn’t think you could!
Every participant who can traverse the entire zero mile (about 15 feet) through the finish line to a cheering crowd, will receive a commemorative Centennial Hawaii Volcanoes National Park medal.
All proceeds go to the Friends of Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
$20 – Adults
$10 – 14 and under
Free – Children in strollers
All runs start and finish at Cooper Center on Wright Road in the heart of Volcano Village and traverse the quaint village roads through the beautiful native rain forest and ranch lands with stunning views of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa in the distance.
Located every 1 to 1.25 miles – stocked with water, ice and an electrolyte drink.
Late Registration and packet pick-up
- Thursday August 18 at the Palace Theater in downtown Hilo from 2:00 – 5:00pm.
- Friday, August 19, at Niaulani Campus in Volcano Village from 1:00pm – 6:00pm.
- Saturday, August 20 Race Day at Cooper Center. There is no Race Day registration for the 1/2 Marathon.
- You may pick up your race number from 5:30 am until race start. The 10K & 5K can register Race Day from 5:30 – 7:00 am.
- T-shirts not guaranteed at late registration.
2016 Triple Crown Half Marathon Hawaii
We have teamed up with the Big Island International Marathon and the Kona Marathon to create the Triple Crown Hawaii. By participating in all three Half Marathon events on the Big Island you will have achieved the Triple Crown status! Celebrate with medals awarded at the Volcano Rain Forest Runs on August 20. Entry fee for the Triple Crown is $25, and you’ll need to fill out this form.